Man, oh man, do I love Jeans… The yarn! (made by Lion Brand) Not to worry, I’m definitely team stretchy pants. I only wear real jeans when I need to look like I have my life together. I know you other mamas feel me. Anyway – back on topic! This is one of Lion Brand’s hit yarns amongst makers, as I’ve made my share of patterns with it, along with the multitude of other designers. And for good reason! This 100% acrylic yarn glides on and off your hook/needles like you would not believe! It’s soft and squishy, and turns out a really amazing project – no matter what you’re using it for. Though I gotta say, I’m partial to using it for garments.
I could continue to gush about it, but I’ll spare you. Scroll on down, find a pretty new crochet or knit pattern to love, and find out for yourself why everyone is obsessing over this yarn!
OTHER CROCHET PATTERNS I LOVE (and you should too!)
Click the photos or title links below to check out the kits and patterns!
- Crochet Jolene Shawl Pattern by Sewrella (made with Jeans in one skein each of Faded, Stonewash, and Brand New) – This was my last Happy Yarn Mail pattern from August and I am just in love with it! The stripy shades of blue are easy to match with so many other colors already in your closet – and not just neutrals! Pair it with purples, mustard yellow, or olive green for something unique and trendy.
- Knit Callie T-Shirt Dress Kit by Gorilla Knits – I’ve recently become a little obsessed with knitting (stay tuned for new things coming soon!) and this cute dress is no exception. Simple comfort is everything these days and this pattern fits the bill! There’s also some really pretty color combos available at an affordable price.
- Crochet Harold Cardigan Kit by Two of Wands – This nice and cozy pattern is perfect for the chilly season coming soon. I love the single button closure and the ribbed pockets! Such a beautifully crafted sweater.
- Crochet Penelope Dress Kit by Sewrella – All my readers loved this pattern when I first released it for its easy execution and style! So, of course, I had to include it here just in case you missed it. If you’ve already made one, it would be really easy to make a second as a gift for the holidays!
- Crochet Stonewash Shrug Kit by Make & Do Crew – This cuddler style sweater looks so comfy and cozy, right? And that’s all I need in a sweater. It’s perfect for any occasion because you can easily dress it down by pairing it with jeans and a tee like it’s worn below, or dress it up by pairing it with a high waisted skirt and blouse!
- Crochet Cinnamon Roll Pullover Sweater Kit by Hopeful Honey – Loving these open stitched stripes! This piece is made for easy layering with anything from a t-shirt to a sweater. Also, this Top Stitch color is just so fitting for fall.
- Crochet Lil Denim Cardi Pattern by Sewrella (made with Jeans in 3-5 skeins of Stonewash) – Let’s be honest, it’s (unfortunately) still pretty warm outside – at least in the southernmost states. Whether you plan to make it to wear now or in spring, it is the perfect little shrug to add classic style to your outfit!
- Knit Piero Poncho Kit by Lion Brand – I looove big, oversized garments. This is easy to pair with either leggings or jeans for effortless style. And those tie closures on either sides are the stinkin’ cutest!
- Crochet Shades of Indigo Poncho Kit by Two of Wands – This fun patchwork sweater is probably the one you won’t want to take off once you finish it. It’ll soon be your go to wrap to throw on when you don’t feel like putting effort into your ensemble for the day – which is probably more often than not, making the investment in this pattern worth it!
- Crochet Ruffle Sleeve Cardigan Kit by Sewrella – I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: this is the beginner crochet pattern you need if you haven’t made a garment before. It’s made of all double crochets for a nice, slouchy fit.
- Knit Easy Boxy T-Shirt Top Kit by Mama In a Stitch – This top is both pretty and comfortable with the wide neckline and slightly longer back panel. This is another easy piece to layer with too! Wear a more fitted long sleeve shirt underneath it for added warmth.
- Crochet Two Tone Scarf Wrap Kit by All About Ami – You only need 5 skeins here, giving you a steal on this eye-catching wrap. (it’s under $35!) I love the knotted tassels at the end and the easy striped stitching. It makes for a great shawl to wear to the movies or a night on the town.
I hope you found a garment you’d love to make with Lion Brand’s Jeans yarn! Thanks so much for checking out these patterns using my affiliate links to make your purchases – the proceeds help support this blog and its free content!
Earning a Living with my Handmade Home
If you love crocheting and knitting, you should think about starting a blog! I’ll help you get started to turn your hobby into a money-making career with my free “Start a Blog” guide.
Or you can check out my latest income report to see how this blog earned over $10,000 last month!