Who’s ready for all things pumpkin spice?! I know I am. Bring on the cool autumn weather filled with changing leaves, boot wearing, and a hot latte in hand (not into lattes? that’s okay, I can hang with a nice cup of tea any day).
While I enjoy the journey of making a more involved garment like a cardigan or sweater, I love the nice and quick makes of a pretty wrap or scarf. So that’s just what I have for you here!
Scroll on down for some super simple, fun crochet and knit projects that I think you’re going to fall in love with (ha!). There’s even an as-easy-as-it-gets DIY tutorial that you just have to see…
Click the photo or link below to check out these patterns & kits! Don’t forget to shop my favorite tools and materials HERE!
- Crochet Le Nuage Wrap – This shawl is one of my most popular, and for good reason! It features bobble stitches for fun texture and other beginner techniques for ease – it’s the best of both worlds! It’s such a great pattern for gift giving, or just as your new go-to make. It would be super simple to customize to your liking and make a brand new wrap all your own!
- Knit Thermal Twist Headwrap from Two of Wands – I love a good headband and this is checks all the boxes for me: easy beginner stitches, a nice focal point detail (that twist!), and something I can finish in one sitting. This is one of those pieces you need one in every color you can find! You’ll be coming back to this Netflix-binge-watch-worthy-project again and again for gifts, craft fairs, and just about any occasion where you can find an excuse to cast on. 😉
- DIY Blanket Scarf from Debrosse – Yep, this tutorial is just what it sounds like – how to take a square of fabric and make it into a scarf. We’re talking no sew here, you guys. Now this is something I can get behind. Sweet Teresa included her favorite sources for materials too! If you’re looking for a customizable pattern (a.k.a. something you can make duplicates of, and no one will know), this is it. Prepare to be amazed!
- Jumbo Alpaca Crochet Scarf by All About Ami – If this isn’t the cozy, snuggly scarf you were looking for, I’m not sure you’ll ever find it. I’m all about comfort, but it’s a bonus when I look put together and stylish too, which is exactly this pattern! Plus, I’m a sucker for a nice button accent. Say goodbye to those super chilly mornings because this pretty accessory is the cure!
- Crochet University Scarf – This unisex pattern is another quick make that would be cute in any color combo. It’s thick and chunky, and the perfect piece to tie together a fall outfit! Pair it with your favorite solid tee and cardigan for the ultimate simply chic garment.
- Crochet Snowfall on the Bowery by Two of Wands – Do you want an eye-catching, lacy wraparound scarf that you never want to take off? Bingo! You found it. I love Alexi’s variation of open window stitching, creating a truly unique pattern that is so easy to make! There are infinite ways to wrap and wear this kind of scarf, which allows you to be creative and try a new style each time you wear it. You’ll have so much fun experimenting with this beauty!
- Easy Crochet Brooklyn Ridge Hat – This beginner level beanie is so easy, and worked up in only a couple hours. This would be an ideal project for craft fairs or if you’re wanting to make one pattern in bulk – you could crank out several of these in a day! I used one of my favorite bulky yarns that is a must use for this hat (peek it here!).
- Crochet Dottie Infinity Scarf by The Hook Nook – Another wonderfully fun texture! I love when pieces have a variety of stitches without looking overwhelming, don’t you? I’m so glad we agree, because this is the next scarf you need to add to your to-do list. Not only does it provide a warm and comfy feel, but it will be such an exhilarating make!
- Knit Summit Cowl and Beanie by All About Ami – A squishy warm hat is all I’ve ever wanted, and this one speaks for itself. Plus a matching cowl? Sign me up!
- Crochet At First Blush Triangle Scarf by Make & Do Crew – This scarf is nice and airy for a not-too-hot scarf that’s perfect for autumn! And who doesn’t love a good puff stitch tassel combo?
I hope you found a new accessory to love!
OTHER FREE CROCHET PATTERNS YOU MIGHT LOVE