Let’s talk babies! Baby things are amongst my favorites to have working up on the hook, for so many reasons! 1. They’re adorable and tiny and cute. 2. They’re small projects, meaning they work up fast! *yes!* 3. …okay maybe only a couple reasons, but I don’t need any more convincing than that!
Plus, I always seem find an excuse to make all things baby: either someone I know is having a baby soon, already has a kiddo, or I can simply donate to my local hospital! Whatever the occasion, everything is cuter miniaturized – including humans. You can’t change my mind.
So to bring you all the squeal-inducing joy, I hunted around the vast internet to bring you the best variety of crochet patterns I could find. There’s toys, hats, blankets, and more! Scroll on down to check them out.
Warning: Please proceed with caution, as the cuteness might be overwhelming to some.
Click the photo or link below to check out these patterns & kits! Don’t forget to shop my favorite tools and materials HERE!
- Crochet Parker Newborn Baby Set – This set is the perfect thing for a baby shower gift! All three pieces are a super quick make and beginner-friendly. Need I say more?!
- Bernat Loopy Llama Crochet Blanket from Yarnspirations – I’m low-key obsessed with llamas, so I had to include this one! I am in love with the texture the loops make, not to mention it would be warm and cozy. Unique textures are also always a must, making this a fun play time blankie.
- Crochet Hedgehog Taggie Baby Toy from One Dog Woof – Taggies are simple, easy to make toys for newborns to learn new textures, and to use for teething! This hedgehog edition is adorable and gender neutral for all babies!
- Crochet Baby Mary Janes from All About Ami – I love me some teeny baby booties, but baby Mary Janes?! Cuteness overload. These would be so cute in all kinds of different colors!
- Crochet Little Lamb Lovey – If you ask me, every kid needs a lovey. They’re squishy little blankets for your child to carry around and snuggle for years to come. My now 3 year old has had one since I brought him home from the hospital and still loves it to this day!
- Crochet Bold & Bright Chevron Baby Blanket from All About Ami – Need a cute and simple baby blanket? Here’s your solution! This one is a great size to grow along with your baby and can be customized. Use several different colors, a duo-toned stripe, all one color – it’s all up to you!
- Crochet Jellyfish from One Dog Woof – These fun jellyfish are a great donation gift! Newborns tend to find the tentacles comforting to hold, as it can be reminiscent of the umbilical cord from when they’re in the womb. Plus, if you haven’t tried amigurumi, this is a great way to get started!
- Bernat Crochet Ice Cream Cone Rattle from Yarnspirations – Who doesn’t love ice cream?! These little amigurumi cones are just darling! Place some bells inside, and you’ve got the perfect toy for newborns.
- Crochet Baby Aviator Hat from All About Ami – I love this as an alternative to the tried and true basic baby beanie. Especially if your baby is born in the winter or somewhere cold! The buttons and fluffy edging are adorable, eye-catching details that would make a unique baby shower gift.
- Crochet Baby Penguin Amigurumi Toy from One Dog Woof – This fluffy little guy would be great for both babies and kids, and so much more! It could be used as a toy in a nursery, or as a holiday decoration on your mantle during winter time. You could work up several, making a little penguin family with different colored scarves – how cute! *heart eyes for the rest of time*
I hope you found a new baby pattern to love!
OTHER FREE KID’S CROCHET PATTERNS YOU MIGHT LOVE