Lion Brand’s Wool-Ease Thick & Quick is such a great bulky weight yarn to have in your stash. You can use it for so many projects – sweaters, baskets, blankets (see all below), you name it! So I pulled together a little bit of everything. There really is something for everyone here in this post, promise! But before you scroll all the way down to the good stuff, let’s chat about the menagerie of colors LB has graced us with.
COLORS, COLORS, COLORS!
Oh boy, where do I even begin?! We’ve got over 70 colorways here y’all, so hang in there with me… I grabbed a good variety of what Lion Brand has to offer with this yarn to show you here. So we have semisolids, 2-ply color twisting action, speckles, and SHIMMER (check out that galaxy!). There’s both warm and cool tones for you to work with throughout any season. In short, if you are partial to a bulkier yarn, you could probably live off of this line for the rest of your makes (ever) and not once be disappointed. Yes, it’s that good.
OTHER WARM & FUZZY CROCHET PATTERNS
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS YARN
This knit sweater WIP (work in progress) was my first big knit design. I was a newbie myself, and I knew my readers would be too. So a chunky yarn and easy stitches were essential in making this pattern approachable for everyone. The beginners would find something they can make – even through the fumbling of two instruments instead of one in crochet – and my more experienced knitters have a breeze of a pattern to work up while it is still a stunning finished piece! And Wool-Ease was my secret ingredient in making all that happen. Plus, who doesn’t love a pretty sweater made from soft, plushy, pillow-y yarn?!
Did I mention there’s a giveaway too? Well THERE’S A GIVEAWAY! However, I urge you not to skip a glance at these patterns. They’re all gems, really. Pay them a minute of your time, and you may even find something you (or a loved one) would adore along the way! Myself and my fellow designers featured here thank you. <3
Click the photos or title links below to check out the patterns!
- Crochet Bubblegum Pullover Sweater Kit by Sewrella – This sweater is made of easy double crochets, and probably one of my quickest sweater patterns. Oh, and it’s super cozy too. 😉
- Knit Cinnamon Swirl Mittens Kit by Knitting Wonders – I am LOVING these mittens y’all. I’m tempted to make some for myself. Plus you only need two skeins to make them! Affordable and cute? I don’t think you can ask for more.
- Crochet Waistcoat Basket Kit by All About Ami – I don’t know about you, but I love a good basket. Especially ones that are sturdy enough to hold my infinite amounts of yarn. But you could store anything in here! It’s an easy fix to decluttering your home, while still looking chic!
- Crochet Huntress Vest Kit by Two of Wands – This vest is so unique and I just love everything about it, so I had to include it here. Notice all the different stitches and the textured detail! It’s so trendy and edgy – who knew such words could be used to describe a crochet piece?! Hats off to you, Alexi.
- Simple Knit Sweater Kit by Sewrella – This pattern was made for the person who hasn’t touched knitting needles before. As with any new craft, you may have some trial and error if you’re a beginner, but don’t let that hold you back! I certainly didn’t, because I myself dove into the unknown of knitting with this garment and I’m pretty dang proud of the result.
- Crochet Fair Isle Biscotti Hat Kit by Hopeful Honey – Another quick, two skein pattern! This hat is slouchy and comfy, yet eye-catching (and not to mention warm!). I love the color work and pom pom on the back. Pom poms are always a must.
- Crochet “World Turtle” Succulent Pot Holder Kit by Knot Bad – Bring your house plants to life with this sweet little turtle! He’s the perfect accessory to spice up your home decor. This would also make a great gift for the turtle lover in your life.
- Knit Mexican Blanket by Two of Wands – Ohhh, this blanket. I am a sucker for neutrals, and this is the perfect, unique aztec-y piece to have on hand. Besides, when a friend stays over for the night, they are going to want this blanket to snuggle up in. Just take my word for it.
- Weave Ornamental Wall Hanging Kit by Sarah Zee – Wall hangings and macrame have become the ultimate modern, homey accent, and I am for it. I’m also loving all the different elements used in this one! Braiding and fringe? Come on! The colors are also reminding me of candy canes, so is there really any reason why you shouldn’t make this? I think not.
- Crochet Cozy Blanket Cardi by Mama in a Stitch – I love a shrug that’s big and roomy. Pair this beauty with a sweater or long sleeve top and bam! You’re ready for a cozy, fun snow-filled day in the mountains.
- Crochet Rugby Blanket Kit by Yarn Hook Needles – What a wonderful throw this is! This yarn might as well have been made for blankets. Blankets are made to keep you warm, right? Yes. And this one is sure to keep you toasty all night long.
- Knit Alpine Cable Pullover Kit by Two of Wands – I’m also a sucker for some nice cabling. If you’re looking for a classic, comfy sweater, look no further. I’m a firm believer that everyone needs a warm and cozy sweater hanging in their closet, and this is just the thing.
I hope you found a pattern you’d love to make with Lion Brand’s Wool Ease Thick & Quick! Thanks so much for checking out these patterns using my affiliate links to make your purchases – the proceeds help support this blog and its free content!
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FOR 10 SKEINS OF LION BRAND’S WOOL-EASE THICK & QUICK!
Earning a Living with my Handmade Home
If you love crocheting and knitting, you should think about starting a blog! I’ll help you get started to turn your hobby into a money-making career with my free “Start a Blog” guide.
Or you can check out my latest income report to see how this blog earned over $10,000 last month!