Lion Brand Flikka is one of the best cotton yarns I’ve worked with to date! It’s not your typical, scratchy cotton that makes you question your faith in yarn. It’s soft, smooth, and easy on the eyes too! So I’ve gathered some of my favorite crochet and knit patterns using this yarn, and put them here in a neat, little post for ya.
COLORS, COLORS, COLORS!
This yarn works up beautifully. It tends to give a speckled look – think heather grey, but with multiple colors!
That’s because this yarn is spun with two strands – one that’s a base color with a neutral ecru tone and the other that’s a variegated mix of vibrant color. That way, you have one strand of solid color to tie together all of those saturated hues working along the yarn. Neat, huh?
Some of my favorite colors in this like are:
- Keepsake, a soft neutral hue with tones of charcoal and blush
- Grape Jelly, a fun punch of purples and hot pink
- Birthday Cake, a bright mix of sprinkle inspired happiness
- Dill Pickle, because that name is my favorite!
OTHER PATTERNS TO MAKE WITH FLIKKA
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS YARN
A few weeks ago, I released the Joni Topper using the Comfy Cotton Blend yarn in Chai Latte. This yarn is like Flikka’s older, wiser sister. Why? Because Comfy Cotton is spun into a cake instead of a skein, giving you more yardage for your buck!
Joni is a light and airy summertime garment that is perfect to get you through this smoldering heat! (currently counting the days until fall…) She’s great to layer with a t-shirt or tank, while still keeping you cool – all thanks to Flikka.
Click the photo or link below to check out the patterns and kits!
- Crochet Joni Topper Kit from Sewrella – The open stitches in this piece make it nice and cool to wear during these summer months. The racerback and tassel fringe give it that effortless boho style to add a little pizzazz to any tee or tank you layer it with. In a few months, you could also pair it with a long sleeve top!
- Crochet Candy Land Summer Jumper Kit from Two of Wands – I know what you’re thinking – “a long sleeve sweater in summer?! No way!” But Flikka still allows just as much breeze into this pattern too. Plus it works up super quick using only beginner stitches!
- Knit Kennebunk Cardigan Kit from Vladimir Teriokhin – This bright and colorful cardigan is made from only 5 pieces. Don’t worry – this one is nice and light too!
- Crochet Wanders Wrap Kit from Mama In a Stitch – This project will whip up pretty quick, and has so many uses beyond summer. Wrap it around you like a shawl, or style it as a scarf come fall and winter!
- Knit Valdez Afghan Kit from Irina Poludnenko – Sweet, sweet colorwork – how I love you! This classic style afghan has so much easy breezy summer appeal when worked up in Flikka.
- Crochet Biscayne Cowl Pattern from Teresa Chorzepa – This scarf will be wonderfully breathable with the open stitches – making it perfect to transition into fall!
- Crochet Playdate Cardi Pattern from Teresa Chorzepa – Finally a cute little cardi for the babies! This will be great to throw on them for evening playtime at the park once the cooler weather starts.
- Knit Garter Stitch Scarf Pattern from Lion Brand – Garter stitches with this Wading Pool colorway? Are you kidding me? Oh, the perfection!
- Crochet Popham Beach Cardigan Pattern from Lion Brand – This unique design offers some variety for your closet. Layer it with jeans or shorts and a neutral top, and you’ll be ready for a cozy night on the town!
- Crochet Urban Minimalist Hat Pattern from Lion Brand – This beanie will be perfect once fall rolls around, providing some warmth from the cool breezy nights. Plus, you need those eye catching stitches to spice up your life!
I hope you found a pattern you’d love to make using Lion Brand Flikka! Thanks so much for checking out these kits and patterns using my affiliate links to make your purchases – the proceeds help support this blog and its free content!
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FOR 11 SKEINS OF FLIKKA YARN!
Earning a Living with my Handmade Home
If you love crocheting and knitting, you should think about starting a blog! I’ll help you get started to turn your hobby into a money-making career with my free “Start a Blog” guide.
Or you can check out my latest income report to see how this blog earned over $10,000 last month!